To further our efforts to advance aviation, EAA Chapter 43 currently has a scholarship program to help both youth and young adults to obtain an aviation education.
The Chapter is looking for applicants who have:
· A passion for aviation · Dedication to an interest – ‘Tenacity’
· A concentration on school work · Demonstrated aviation activities
We encourage anyone who is pushing the envelope of aviation to apply for one of our scholarship awards. The scholarships can be used for any aviation related education. This includes, but is not limited to, college, technical schools, flight training and the EAA Air Academy. The scholarships amounts vary but have typically been from $750 to $1500.
· In 2010, we helped three students obtain their solo check-outs and sent one student to the EAA Air Academy.
· In 2011, we helped two students work their way to their solo check-outs and sent one student to the EAA Air Academy.
· Our 2012 goals were exceeded with two students sent to the EAA Air Academy, two primary flight scholarships and two college scholarships given out.
· In 2013 we gave out a total of six scholarships ranging from flight schools to the EAA Air Academy summer camp.
The deadline for all 2014 applicants: November 22nd is the deadline for receiving applications. ( A link to the application is provided below) These must be in the hands of the committee chairman on the 22nd to be considered for prescreening.
Please review the age groups and dates for the EAA Air Academy if you are applying for camp and bring the camp title and dates to the interview. The link for the Academy is:
1. All applications will be screened as they are received.
2. Interviews with the selected applicants will be held on December 7th & 14th .
3. Scholarship awards will be announced in late December or early January.
If you have a desire to pursue aviation to a higher level, please fill out one of our application forms (download attachment below) and mail it in before the applicable deadlines. The required information is listed on the form.